Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the Spread of Germs > NEWS

NEWS

Flu Season Has Arrived: Helpful Tips to Prevent the Spread of Germs

페이지 정보

작성일 18-11-23 15:24

본문

(NewsUSA) - Sponsored News - Each year, millions of people suffer from a cold or flu, and this year is likely to be no different.

Temperature taking is a key indicator of flu patterns and should be taken seriously, says Mary Pappas, the school nurse credited with first alerting officials about the H1N1 outbreak in 2009. "The flu usually comes with a fever while the common cold does not, so taking your temperature is the easiest way to tell the difference," she says. A high or prolonged fever can be an indicator of when to seek medical attention.

Pappas has been taking temperatures for more than 30 years and maintains that the most important consideration is that it be accurate. While there are many types of thermometers available, Pappas favors the Exergen TemporalScanner because of its proven accuracy and ease of use; all it requires is a simple swipe across the forehead.

"Whether it's a student at my school or a parent at home, I know taking a temperature can be a challenge," says Pappas. "What I love about the TemporalScanner is that it's not invasive like an ear, rectal or oral thermometer. No matter what a student comes to see me for, I'm able to get an accurate reading. It's so easy to use that you can take someone's temperature even when they are sleeping and not disturb them."

To help you prepare and cope throughout the cold and flu season, Pappas recommends the following school nurse-approved tips:

1. Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water to help prevent the spread of germs, or use hand sanitizer.

2. Avoid sharing drinks or food with others.

3. Frequently clean commonly touched areas like doorknobs and light switches.

4. Always cover your mouth with your elbow or sleeve when you cough or sneeze.

5. Throw away tissues immediately after use.

6. If you have a fever, monitor your temperature regularly and check with your doctor.

7. Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated.

8. Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air and help drain congestion.

9. Stay home from work or school if you are sick to avoid spreading germs and make sure your fever is gone for at least 24 hours before you return.

10. Consider speaking with your doctor about getting a flu shot.

For more information visit http://www.cdc.gov/flu.

Source: http://www.newsusa.com/articles/article/flu-season-has-arrived-helpful-tips-to-prevent-the-spread-of-germs.aspx

JWORLD INDUSTRY CO., LTD.
Main Office : 1507-1513, Hyundai Tera Tower Gasan DK, 144, Gasan Digital 2-Ro, Geumcheon-Gu, Seoul, 08503, Korea
Factory : 59, Cheongwon Sandan 1-Gil, Mado-myeon, Hwaseong-Si, Gyeonggi-Do, 18541, Korea

Phone : (82) 02-858-7900 l Fax : (82) 02-827-0111 l Mail : overseas@alzipmat.com
Copyright © All Rights Reserved.
X